heredity and evolution class 10th sample paper
heredity and evolution class 10 mcq
one mark questions
3. defferent between
heridity and inheritance
4. what is scientific name of pea plant
5. write the genotypic ration of f2 generation of dihybrid cross
two mark questions
1. write a note of theory of natural selection
2. what is macro evolution
3. what is meant by genetics who is the father of genetics
4. what are the evidence of evolution
5. name the components of mixture used by Miller and urey in their experiment
three marks question of biology class 10th heredity and evolution
heredity and evolution class 10 important questions
1. in human beings the statistical probability of getting either male a
2. female child is 50-50 give reason and explain with the help of diagram
3. different between homologous and analogous organs. give one example of each ?
4. what are fossils how is life of a Fossil estimated ?
5. define evolution. why are traits acquired during lifetime of an individual not inherited ?
6. explain in brief the factors that can lead to the rise of new species ?
7. what are homologous organs ? how do they provide evidence in support of evolution ?
8. mention the factors which could lead to the rise of a new species ?
9. with the help of an example explain how a new species are produced ?
10. in mendel’s monohybrid cross between tall and short pea plants, all of spring where tall. what does this tell us about the trait ? what is the ratio of tall and short plant in the F2 generation.?
11. how is sex determined in human beings give an example where determination in regulated by environmental factors. ?
12. name the descendants of wild cabbage. how were they developed ?
13. forelimbs of man and frog are they homologous analogous organs ? give reason for your choice. how does it help in the study of evolution.
14. (a) what are fossils how are they formed
(b) in which layer of the earth will we find fossils of organisms that live in the recent post ?
15. the genotype of green stemmed tomato plants in denoted by “GG” and that of purple steammed tomato plants “gg” when these two plants are crossed.
(a) what colour of stem would you expect in their F1 progeny ?
(b) give the percentage of purple stemed plants if F1 plants are self pollinated.
(c) in what ratio would you find the Green and Purple colour in the F2 progeny ?
heredity and evolution class 10 important question 2021
16. (a) define genetics?
(b) who is regarded as the father of genetics name the plant on which the performed his experiments ?
(c) whydid he select that specific plant for his experiment studies. ?
17. (a) name the unit of inheritance. what is its function. ?
(b) who are inherited traits different from acquired traits.? give example?
18. what are fossils.? give two uses of fossils. how does the study of fossils provide evidence in favour of organic evolution.?
19. “Geographical isolation is not a major factor in the speciation of self pollinating plant species” justify this statement with the help of an example?
20. “only variations that confer advantage to an individual organism will survive in a population” do you agree with this statement? why or why not? explain with an example in a population of red battle.